Blackjack is easy to learn and exciting to play. It is a comparing game between a player(s) cards and a dealer’s cards in which the object of the game is to reach 21 without going over.
How to play:
- Just place your bets on your box. You also have the option to bet on pair if by chance you would get a pair after receiving your two initial cards.
- After the dealer has dealt the initial cards to you, the dealer shall collect or pay your bet in the pair box.
- You now have options to:
- Split Pairs:
- If your first two cards have the same numerical value, you may split them into two hands. The bet on the second hand must be the same as the original bet. If the split pair is Aces, you can just split twice and receive one card for each split.
- 21 points resulting from a “Split” is not a Blackjack
- Double Down:
- After receiving your first two cards, you have the option to wager an additional amount which is the same as your original bet. In a double down, you are only given one additional card. You can double down on 9, 10 & 11 points by placing a bet similar to your original bet.
- Ask for surrender:
- You have the option of surrendering one half of your original wager after receiving your first two cards. If you surrender your cards, the dealer will take half of your wager. You cannot if the dealer’s card is an Ace.
- Call for Insurance:
- If the dealer’s face up card is an Ace, you may opt to bet on Insurance. The insurance bet is half of your original bet. Insurance pays 2 to 1 if the dealer has a Blackjack
Basic Rules to Remember:
- The players shall always play against the dealer’s hand.
- The point total of a hand shall be determined by the sum total of the card’s face value.
- A Blackjack hand takes precedence over 21.
- The dealer’s hand stands on 17 and draws on 16.
- Player’s hand can stand on any point total without going over 21.
- Besides the main bet, the players may have the option to place bets on “pair” and the bet wins if the two initial cards of the player are a pair.
- If a hand goes over 21, it is called a “BUST” and the bet loses.
- In Blackjack, Jacks, Queens, Kings and Tens count as 10. An Ace may be counted as 1 or eleven. All the rest of the cards are counted as their face value.
- A Blackjack hand consists of an Ace and a 10, King, Queen or Jack.
- Blackjack beats all other hands.
- Blackjack pays 3 to 2.